Strategic, Market and Commercial Analysis for M&A transactions - Commercial Due Diligence and Transaction Support
SEMPORA's Transaction Services team provides a comprehensive advisory service in support of critical investment decisions, before, during and after a deal, for both buy and sell side.
We provide clear, direct and essential analysis in the form of Market and Commercial Reviews / Commercial Due Diligence and related pre- and post deal services, to Private Equity and Venture Capital, Commercial Lenders and Corporate investors:
- We have a mid-market focus, with sector specialisation and generalist methodology, and also provide:
- Packaged services for small cap / angel and VC investors and Commercial Lenders
- Large acquisitive deals and vendor services where we have a sector specialisation.
- Quick Reviews / Mini-Reviews for portfolio companies or in support of an additional investment decision such as a capital injection or bolt-on acquisition - where perhaps a market update or a quick customer review is required.
Our services are based on a substantial track-record in strategic analysis and planning, marketing and sales planning, and market and competitive analysis; combined with experience of over 80 transaction related projects.
Pre-Deal Support Services
SEMPORA provides a range of service to businesses across Europe who are looking to achieve external growth through acquisition. This might initially be to investors wanting to analyse markets and the competitive players and then to define and approach attractive acquisition targets. Our pre-bid evaluation service will review a specific business before a bid is made - corporate clients in particular also need to identify and understand the potential synergies presented by a particular opportunity. We also advise firms on preparing their businesses for sale.
- Sector screening
- Market assessment
- Deal origination
- Pre-bid evaluation
- Market and sector studies
- Vendor support
- Vendor reviews and studies
Commercial due Diligence
Our key role as CDD advisors is to reduce uncertainty and risk by delivering a comprehensive commercial review of a business and its markets. In addition we always seek to add value to the process by identifying opportunities and making recommendations where appropriate.
We achieve this by ensuring that our work is based on some key principles:
- Independent and open-minded approach based on real commercial experience
- Robust, detailed and original research
- Insightful and thorough fact-based analysis
- Clear conclusions and specific recommendations
- Close, collaborative working with all parties
- Bespoke scoping of work aimed at adding value post-project
- All projects are managed by experienced consultants at Director or Principal level - all are overseen by Directors. At SEMPORA we are able to deploy strategic or sector specialist alongside experienced business managers.
And that our approach is underpinned by our collective skills and experience in:
- Marketing research
- Data and financial analysis
- Strategic marketing and marketing management
- Operational performance management
- Specialisations in sectors and business subjects, with expertise in all kinds of primary and secondary research
- Industry contacts gained through many years of strategic and operational consulting
At SEMPORA we pride ourselves on efficiently conducting detailed and conclusive reviews within particularly tight timescales.
Post-Deal Support Services
With the focus quickly moving to managing the successful integration and management of an acquired business, at both strategic and operational levels, our range of post deal services is aimed at supporting new management sustain and create competitive advantage.
We also help businesses evaluate developments in their markets and adjust goals and strategies accordingly, and support implementation of any necessary changes.
- Strategic review
- Market studies
- Original / primary marketing research
- Competition analysis
- Market positioning analysis
- Customer survey and analysis
- Customer reviews
- Strategy realisation and implementation support
- 100-day planning
- integration planning
The SEMPORA team has substantial experience of transaction related assignments across a range of markets in Europe. Our methodologies can be applied to almost any business area but inevitably we have particular areas of strength based on years of experience in industry. This applies to both specific industry sectors and cross-sector subjects. We always involve relevant experts and seek further corroboration and evidence where findings may be contentious or initially unclear.
- Travel, Tourism & Leisure
- Consumer Goods & Services
- Healthcare, Medical Equipment and Pharmaceuticals
- Retail & Wholesale
Subjects (cross sector)
- Multi-channel marketing and retailing
Travel & Entertainment
Consumer Goods & Services
Healthcare, Medical Equipment and Pharmaceuticals
Retail & Wholesale